Live Happy, Live Healthy, Live Green
Britain Way Apartments boasts several green-based features designed to reduce the impact on the environment as measured by the U.S. Green Building Council's LEED Gold Certified for Homes Program. Simply put, Britain Way provides you a healthier living environment and reduces the amount you spend on you monthly utility bills.
- ENERGY STAR® appliances and low-flow, water-saving fixtures may lower utility bills by approximately $40 per month!
- Improved air quality through the use of low-emitting VOC (volatile organic compounds) paint, carpets, adhesives and sealants
- Enhanced Air filtration leverages fresh outdoor air providing a healthier living environment.
- Native-plant landscaping and high-efficiency irrigation
- ERVs were installed to provide fresh outside air while reducing associated energy costs.
- Kitchen and bathroom are exhausted directly outdoors to remove potential air contaminants. A LEED Gold Certified for Homes requirement.
- Energy-efficient low-E windows
- Enhanced Insulation
- Building uses about 30% less water than standard.
- Maintenance uses environment-friendly cleaning supplies.
- Construction waste was recycled.
- Building materials include recycled content.
- By maintaining existing foundations, as well as floor and wall framing the amount of raw material consumption and emissions produced by transportation is reduced.
Click here for more information about LEED Gold Certified greenhomeguide.com/program/leed-for-homes