Gold Leed Certified
Britain Way is the first LEED Gold Certified multifamily project in Irving, Texas, which is one of the highest standards of Green Living.
What is LEED?
Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design
- Enhances & protects ecosystems & biodiversity
- Improves air & water quality
- Reduces solid waste
- Conserves natural resources
Health & Community Benefits
- Improves air, thermal, & acoustic environments
- Enhances resident comfort & health
- Minimizes strain on local infrastructure
- Contributes to overall quality of life
Why Do We Do It?
- People in the U.S. spend about 90% of their time indoors
- EPA studies indicate indoor levels of pollutants may be up to ten times higher than outdoor levels.
LEED provides third-party verification that a building or community was designed and built using strategies aimed at improving performance across all metrics that matter most: energy savings, water efficiency, CO2 emissions reduction, improved indoor environmental quality, and stewardship of resources and sensitivity to their impacts.
What makes Britain Way Apartments Gold LEED Certified?
- ENERGY STAR® appliances and low-flow, water-saving fixtures lower utility bills
- Improved air quality through the use of low-emitting VOC (volatile organic compounds) paint, carpets, adhesives and sealants
- Enhanced Air filtration leverages fresh outdoor air providing a healthier living environment
- Energy-efficient low-E windows
- Enhanced Insulation
- Building uses about 30% less water than standard
- Construction waste is recycled
- Building materials include recycled content
- Building materials sourced regionally, reducing transportation impact and supporting the local economy
Click the following link for more information about LEED Gold http://greenhomeguide.com